Focaccia Recipie from Bari
If you decide to visit Puglia You cannot miss the traditional Focaccia bread. Amazing!!!!!! 3000 years of history In the Renaissance, was an integral part of the rite of marriage. Focaccia is one of the oldest and most popular tablet crushed. Extremely easy, fast and cheap…..is sooo easy and tastes wonderful! Tomato, Olive Oil, Flour, The oregano and sea salt topping makes this loaf extra tasty. Try it plain and simple with an ice Beer.
This focaccia recipe is easy to make and easy to adapt. Try adding herbs such as rosemary or thyme, or perhaps some chopped chilli.
- 500g/1lb 2oz strong white bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 sachets dried easy blend yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400ml/14fl oz cold water
- olive oil, for drizzling
- fine sea salt
- Place the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil and 300ml/10½fl oz of the water into a large bowl. Gently stir with your hand or a wooden spoon to form a dough then knead the dough in the bowl for five minutes, gradually adding the remaining water.
- Stretch the dough by hand in the bowl, tuck the sides into the centre, turn the bowl 80 degrees and repeat the process for about five minutes.
- Tip the dough onto an oiled work surface and continue kneading for five more minutes. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- Line two large baking sheets with baking paper. Tip the dough out of the bowl and divide into two portions. Flatten each portion onto a baking sheet, pushing to the corners, then leave to prove for one hour.
- Preheat the oven. Drizzle the loaves with oil, sprinkle with fine sea salt then bake in the oven for 20 minutes. When cooked, drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve hot or warm.
We’ll be glad to inform you about our cooking class and delociuos recipies. Email us email@example.com